If there was one single event in the outsourcing world that characterized the year 2000, it was the megadeals that were consummated in the business process outsourcing (BPO) space. Last year BPO vendors inked six landmark deals. They are:
- Arthur Andersen with General Motors
- Cap Gemini Ernst & Young with Ontario Power Generation
- Exult with Bank of America
- Pricewaterhouse Coopers and Exult with BP Amoco
- Pricewaterhouse Coopers with Nortel Networks
- Spherion with American Association of Retired People
The size of these deals signified one thing: BPO outsourcing is here to stay.