“How to Win Fans and Influence Profits,” a 2003 report sponsored by Convergys, listed four ways for retailers to get the most from e-learning. They are:
- Map the e-learning initiative to specific store metrics, like productivity per square foot or share of repeat business.
- Focus on employees who affect the customer experience the most.
- Use the Web to deliver just-in-time communications as well as skills training.
- Evaluate e-learning outsourcing providers based on:
- Proven business results across key metrics
- Proven learning effectiveness
- Retail-specific expertise
- Referenceable clients and projects
- Open, standards-based solutions.