Océ Business Services helps corporations, law firms, and public sector organizations better control their document management processes in order to reduce costs, improve operations, and mitigate risk. Our spectrum of managed solutions spans the document life cycle, from document creation through disposal. These solutions include mail, print/copy and fleet management, imaging, records management, electronic discovery, and Six Sigma-based performance management. The company’s strong vertical industry presence includes financial services and insurance, legal, manufacturing, technology, healthcare and pharmaceuticals, as well as government and education.
Océ at a Glance
Headquarters: Océ Business Services is headquartered in New York, New York.
Other Locations: Significant operations in Salt Lake City, Utah, and a high-volume production facility in the Philippines. Primary sales offices are in Atlanta, Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, Detroit, Hartford, Houston, Los Angeles, San Francisco, St. Louis, and Washington, D.C. We have 800 client sites in North America, 1,250 worldwide. North America operations span the United States., Canada, and Puerto Rico. European operations span the United Kingdom, Ireland, Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Czech Republic, Iberia, Norway, and Switzerland.
Employees: Approximately 6,000 employees are located in the United States., Canada and the Philippines. The total number of employees worldwide is 8,000.
Revenues: The worldwide annualized revenue of business services activities at Océ Business Services is approximately US$666 million.
For More Information
Kenneth Neal, Director of Corporate Communications
Industry Thought Leadership
“Meeting the Challenge: How Organizations are Implementing Document Management Strategies to Help Drive Business in a Tough Economy”
In order to stay competitive during the economic downturn, 51 percent of executives involved in document management say their company plans to reduce operating expenses while 20 percent say their organization will try to improve cash flow. Executives agree that effectively managing document processes can help meet these objectives, particularly with respect to reducing expenses. These are a few of the important findings highlighted in a comprehensive survey report issued by Océ Business Services. “Meeting the Challenge: How Organizations are Implementing Document Management Strategies to Help Drive Business in a Tough Economy,” investigates how survey respondents and their organizations are leveraging advanced document management activities to achieve cost reduction and gain other important business benefits. Click here for the free report
“The Discovery-Ready Enterprise III: Taking Steps to be Proactively Prepared”
Despite the fact that a majority of corporate counsels surveyed (77 percent) see readiness for legal discovery as one of their organization’s most important functions, a high number of these respondents (44 percent) also say their enterprise has not established any internal electronic discovery (eDiscovery) processes or technology. These and other key findings are spotlighted in a survey report issued by Océ Business Services. “The Discovery-Ready Enterprise III: Taking Steps to be Proactively Prepared” survey clarifies actions that in-house and law firm attorneys are taking in order to be better prepared to comply with discovery requests. Click here for the free report
- Copy & Print Management: Our Copy & Print Management is a complete print, copy, scan, and fax solution. Comprehensive on-site and offsite services include high-quality color and B/W digital print and copy, binding and finishing, and specialized services such as Bates stamping. Services are delivered in a range of environments including the general office, centralized print/copy centers, and mission-critical high-volume print, mail, and insert data centers.
- Fleet Management: Océ MPS offers a single, accountable source for office document production. This includes copiers, printers, scanners, fax, and wide-format printers. Océ MPS is an integrated managed document output service. The service includes dynamic assessment, proactive maintenance, call center support, and Océ’s print infrastructure management tools that provide remote monitoring, as well as automated fleet assessment and call center operations.
- Océ DNA (Document Needs Assessment): Dynamic assessment is a special feature of Océ MPS, provided by Océ Document Needs Assessment (Océ DNA). Our advanced solution includes Océ specialists using a sophisticated software tool to gather data on the current fleet state and analyze alternative scenarios. The output is a recommended improved future state and an implementation plan to achieve it. Océ DNA enables our experts to ensure a more accurate assessment for potentially re-sizing the fleet, and can accelerate the assessment and design process by up to 77 percent.
- Mail Management: Mail Management and Fulfillment is an on-site solution that streamlines document workflow through process redesign and innovative technology. Our comprehensive services include shipping and receiving, postage management, presort, courier and messenger management, pouch shipping, 1:1 communications and statements, accountable mail and package tracking.
- Océ Digital Mail: Digital mail is a hybrid mail and scanning process that coverts incoming paper mail into digital and delivers the mail to the addressee electronically. The Océ Digital Mail solution goes beyond traditional scanning because it can be integrated with virtually any electronic depository or workflow system. Additionally, Océ Digital Mail is different from traditional enterprise scanning operations because it converts all incoming physical mail into digital form, connects it with individual recipients and integrates it into a workflow.
- Imaging Services: We help organizations better manage document workflows and increase efficiency by applying imaging technology and process expertise. Services include high volume scanning of structured and unstructured documents, indexing and optical character recognition (OCR). Skilled on-site and offsite staff handle back file conversions, day forward scanning, litigation support, long-term secure digital archiving and migration, and backup and recovery.
- Records Management: Our accredited professionals help organizations control, manage, preserve, and retrieve paper and electronic business records throughout their useful life cycle. Services include the development of records polices and procedures, retention schedules, taxonomy design, file plan design, disaster recovery plans, preservation planning and audit programs. Océ RNA (Records Needs Assessment) is a consultative method to define requirements.
- Business Performance Management (Océ MAX™): Océ MAX is a unique business performance management system designed to manage document processes and outsourcing service providers. Its Six Sigma-based methodology and Web-based application enables us to systematically measure, benchmark and continuously improve performance. The easy-to-use dashboard facilitates viewing and analysis of key performance indicators (KPI).
Records, Compliance and Legal Solutions
- Electronic Discovery: Electronic Discovery services consist of data collection, filtering, processing, review and production. Text and metadata is extracted and entered into CaseData™ ASP document review and search system. Native files are linked to the CaseData database for immediate review or can be exported to an external database. Data reduction mechanisms include culling and de-duping.
- Paper Discovery: Paper litigation support services consist of high-volume scanning, coding, and optical character recognition (OCR). OCR services translate image files into text files. Coding extracts key information to make documents searchable and retrievable from a computer database. Coding services include bibliographic (objective) coding, subjective coding, in-text coding, re-keying, and quality assurance and sampling based on ISO methodologies.
- Forensics: Forensics services comprise media restoration, data recovery, and harvesting. We provide experts who can go on site to evaluate the location of potentially responsive documents within large, complex data networks, recover deleted files, file fragments and temporary data from hard drives and other data storage devices, provide tape backup inventory, tape restoration and data inventory services.
- CaseData™ ASP Document Review System: CaseData is a Web-based review and search application that offers secure, searchable access to litigation documents, regardless of whether they originated as paper or electronic data. A scalable tool, it enables attorneys to collaborate on cases and securely exchange data. CaseData’s advanced features include concept searching, enhanced proximity searching, and keyword pre-highlighting.
- Named to the Leaders Category of the IAOP Global Outsourcing 100 (2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010)
- Ranked among the 2010 Global Top 50 Outsourcing Vendors by the Black Book of Outsourcing and ranked among the top two DPO vendors by the Black Book of Outsourcing (2007, 2008 and 2009)
- Named a Top Provider of Electronic Discovery Services by the Socha-Gelbmann Electronic Discovery Survey (2006, 2007 and 2008)
- Received sixteen 2007 MarCom® Creative Awards for successful integrated marketing campaign. Four Platinum Awards, seven Gold Awards and five Honorable Mentions were received for work that included its new web site www.obs-innovation.com, Océ Universal Fleet Management launch advertising, trade show exhibit and other campaign ads and brochures.
- Summit Marketing Effectiveness Awards – 2008
- Two 2009 Hermes Creative Awards (Platinum Award for magazine advertisement for the Océ MAX™ Advanced document performance management system, and Gold Award for brochure on Océ MAX
- Four Communicator Awards – 2007 for outstanding work in the communications field. Océ Business Services received an Award of Distinction, the highest honor, for its records management brochure. Three Honorable Mentions were received for its corporate capabilities brochure, corporate products and services brochure, and eDiscovery and Litigation Support division brochure.
- VFI Employer of the Year Award – 2006