Latisys was founded in June, 2007 as Managed Data Holdings LLC (MDH), in conjunction with two high-quality private equity investors: Great Hill Partners and Catalyst Investors. Strategically, Latisys is aimed at the operation of enterprise-class data centers across Tier I and Tier II markets in the United States to meet the increasing demand for managed hosting, managed services, co-location space, and disaster recovery services required by small and medium-size business customers or divisions of large enterprises.
To rebrand itself and the three legacy companies that it had acquired up to that point, MDH officially became Latisys on March 5, 2009. The new name better represents the complete offering of data center solutions, managed hosting options, and flexible managed services. The name is derived from a combination of the words “latitude” and “information systems.” It speaks to the heritage of flexibility, adaptability and customer-focused approach to meeting client IT infrastructure challenges. It also refers to the growing national reach that Latisys delivers, with Tier III data centers in Irvine, California (serving business customers since 1994 as InteleNet), Denver (serving business customers since 2002 as Data393), and Chicago (serving business customers since 2005 as Stargate). Since the name change, Latisys has added a fourth data center with the acquisition of a 123,000 sq. ft. data center campus in Ashburn, Virginia (formerly Pryme Technologies, which had been in business since 2002).
The tag line “Deliver More_” represents Latisys’ dedicated mission to help companies meet ever-changing and demanding IT requirements. Latisys delivers More_Flexibility, More_Agility and More_ROI to all small to mid-size businesses and large enterprises. Latisys offers scalable outsourced IT infrastructure management solutions that deliver more of what customers need, when they need it. And rapid response specialists provide real-time turnaround of dedicated or colocated servers to help customers take advantage of every market upswing. All while optimizing ROI. All while delivering more.
- Data Center Solutions. Each Latisys data center is a Tier III facility and is designed to accommodate the changing power density and cooling needs of the co-location market while maintaining consistently high levels of customer service and support. Data center facilities feature such accommodations as N+1 cooling and power infrastructure; redundant, blended Internet connectivity; ultra sonic humidification; AC and DC power capability; and 24x7x365 on-site staffed Network Operations Control (NOC).
- Managed Hosting Solutions. Managed Web hosting services from Latisys have been designed to deliver maximum value and performance for businesses that need high-quality managed Web hosting. Whether your business needs a simple managed hosting solution with a single dedicated server or has a multi-layer, complex managed hosting design with application and database servers, Latisys has the experience to deliver reliability and performance for your project. Latisys first starts with a consultation between your IT leader and a solutions engineer to better understand your business requirements in order to design a solution of services to meet your project goals. Managed Web hosting services are designed using only the best components available including Intel multi-core processors, RAID with every server, Microsoft Windows Server or Red Hat Enterprise Server, and premium, multi-carrier bandwidth. Part of Latisys’ superior managed Web hosting services feature virtual servers as well as managed dedicated servers.
- Managed Services. Maximize your IT budget and staff by off-loading routine IT functions to Latisys. Our managed IT services are tailored to relieve increasingly burdened IT staff from the routine, non-revenue-generating tasks they often find themselves burdened in performing. Choose from a menu of fully integrated Managed IT Service solutions that can be used to completely outsource critical applications or complement existing internal systems and IT resources.
- Managed Security – Many types of Managed Security Services are available to ensure that your co-located or managed hosting environment is secure. Managed firewall, intrusion detection, managed VPN and patch management services are all available from Latisys. With additional services like e-mail spam and virus-filtering, we offer a comprehensive suite of managed security solutions to cover all aspects of your infrastructure.
- Managed Backup and Recovery – Latisys’ managed backup solutions feature industry-leading backup systems to protect your critical business data from loss and ensure timely recovery.
- Managed Storage – Storage Area Network (SAN) and direct attached storage improve the ability for you to have reliable, consistently available data with Latisys’ managed storage solutions.
- Managed Performance – Latisys provides load balancing technology for maximum availability.
- Professional Services – From remote hands to intense administration, our professional services are designed to reduce the time you spend managing your environment.
Latisys customers not only receive local solutions to reduce their capital expenditures for storage and ongoing maintenance but a geographically diverse presence as well, for safe and secure managed backup and disaster recovery solutions. Plus, Latisys offers business customers flexible IT infrastructure outsourcing solutions to help them take the next step in their growth plan and achieve an optimal return on their IT infrastructure investment.
- IT off-site solutions are for companies who want to keep full and hands-on control of their co-location environment but want to take advantage of a secure, redundant, and highly available Tier III data center for their IT equipment.
- IT off-load solutions are for companies looking to leverage the Latisys staff of professionals to perform routine IT maintenance tasks so their resources can spend more time growing the business.
- IT optimize solutions allow companies to leverage state-of-the-art technological advances and hardware innovations without incurring capital expenses.
Latisys at a Glance
- Founded: 2007
- Service lines: Data center colocation; Managed Hosting; Managed Services; Managed Security; Managed Backup and Disaster Recovery; Managed Storage; Managed Performance; Professional IT Services
- Headquarters location: Denver, Colorado
- Locations of global delivery centers: Irvine, CA – serving Orange County business customers; Englewood, CO – serving Denver and surrounding area business customers; Oak Brook, IL – serving Chicago and surrounding area business customers; Ashburn, VA – serving the Northern Virginia and Washington DC metro area
For More Information
- Microsoft Gold Certified Partner
- Red Hat Linux
Awards and Recognition
- Inc. 500|5000 list in 2009
- Inc. 500|5000 list in 2010
- CRN’s Top 75 Coolest Telecom Providers 2010
“As technology continued to advance, our computing equipment became more and more dense. In some cases, what we once needed four racks of space to store can now be contained in one. Because Latisys’ high-density data center can cool more watts per square foot than many other data centers, we were able to shrink our footprint by over 20% in a recent technology refresh. Latisys truly offers the ability to do more for less.” (James Goss, VP, Operations at Photobucket, Inc. in Denver, CO)
- The IT outsourcing advantage: http://latisys-media.precis5.com/e995f98d56967d946471af29d7bf99f1
- IT infrastructure outsourcing: http://latisys-media.precis5.com/6cd67d9b6f0150c77bda2eda01ae484c
- IT off-site benefits and what to look for in a data center provider: