3i Infotech is a global Information technology company with a broad range of solutions. In 1999 we started off with just two offerings: application development & maintenance and IT infrastructure services. In addition, there was a team handling the back-office transaction processing work for the ICICI Bank, a NYSE-listed organization. We have expanded our portfolio of offerings to a broad and rich set comprising of IT solutions (IT products & IT services) and transactions services for the Banking, Insurance, Financial Services, Manufacturing, and Government domains.
With over 1,500 customers in more than 50 countries across five continents, we are today a leading technology solutions provider. Our customers include banks, insurance and financial services companies, government, manufacturing and retail sectors, and utilities. Eighty of our customers are part of the Fortune 500 list. This is an evidence of the confidence and trust that our customers have placed in us.
A. Software products:
- Banking: 3i Infotech’s secure banking solutions suite comprises an extensive range of enterprise banking offerings like core banking, lending, treasury, asset liability management, anti-money laundering and many more, that cater to the varied operations and departments of banks and other financial services organizations. The width and depth of our solutions offer clients limitless possibilities, giving them options to boost their performance and ROI.
- Mutual Funds: 3i Infotech offers a variety of proven mutual fund solutions for unit trust management companies, asset management companies, pension fund managers, and other financial institutions. Our solutions suite for mutual fund companies encompasses operations such as fund accounting, valuation, investment management, lending, investor services, dealing, pre-dealing, intent generation, and order management. Our mutual fund software solutions are globally acclaimed for meeting strategic as well as day-to-day operational needs.
- Capital Markets: 3i Infotech offers a wide gamut of capital market solutions for stockbrokers, traders, stock exchanges and regulators. Our capital market software solutions cover market surveillance and monitoring, Internet trading, trade order and risk management, and clearing and settlement processes.
- Wealth Management/ Portfolio Management Solutions: 3i Infotech’s multi-currency wealth management solution suite provides a highly reliable business solution for automating the entire investment life cycle across a wide variety of assets like mutual funds, bonds, equities, deposits, real estate, metals, commodities, etc. 3i Infotech also has a comprehensive wealth management life cycle solution, which is tailored for the use of advisors and wealth managers. The solution is proven, scalable, and provides the technology that allows firms to increase their level of customer services, reduce costs and enhance revenue. It captures all pertinent information regarding contacts and clients with a true relationship view and helps define clients’ goals, generate investments proposals, calculate performance and produce elegant customized reports. This solution supports the entire wealth management life cycle commencing from prospecting, risk profiling, suitability assessment, and financial planning to order placement and reporting.
- Asset Management Solution: 3i Infotech’s asset management solution is a multi-currency treasury application for asset managers, insurers and pension fund managers. It offers end-to-end investment management operations from analytics and order management to accounting and NAV generation. Strong user-defined compliance rules and workflow are integral to the product.
- Manufacturing: Manufacturing companies are looking at increasing their business value while focusing their efforts and investments on cost reduction and improved customer service. Our IT solutions for manufacturing companies revolve around one basic principle – maximizing value to customer by superior value-chain management. Our manufacturing life cycle solutions are built around our patented, successful frameworks and help our customers exceed their business objectives by leveraging operational and information technologies. This end-to-end integrated software application is a seamless, open platform that includes full-featured ERP expertise coupled with CRM (Customer Relationship Management) and SCM (Supply Chain Management) features. Our deep domain knowledge and industry-focused approach has helped us become one of the leading providers of manufacturing solutions.
- Telecom: As a leading provider of telecommunications solutions, 3i Infotech thoroughly understands every critical need of the telecommunications business – be it the challenges resulting from the ever-changing regulations, industry consolidation, emerging technologies, changing customer demands, or the ongoing spurt in customer numbers. That’s why our telecom solutions (like ADMS, Testing, IMS, etc), along with a range of BPO services for the Telecommunications sector, are entirely focused on helping our clients retain customers, develop and launch unique products quickly, and achieve faster ROI.
- Government: 3i Infotech has successfully implemented several projects for government departments and organizations across a variety of areas such as transport, urban development, land records, education, healthcare, ports & shipping, dairy, taxation, property registration, etc. With our unique Public Private Partnership (PPP) methodology, we have implemented large, complex projects through a mix of Build-Own-Operate (BOO), Build-Own-Operate-Transfer (BOOT) and Build-Operate-Transfer (BOT) models.
B. IT Services:
- Application Development and Maintenance Services: 3i Infotech offers the entire gamut of a development services, be it custom software development, testing, application integration and migration or consulting. Our software solutions are backed by deep domain expertise, industry experience, world-class technology skills, robust infrastructure and a global delivery model delivered complemented with seamless program management.
- Independent Testing & Compliance Business: 3i Infotech’s software testing and complianceservices have been helping organizations worldwide in developing a highly effective software testing strategy for realizing their most desirable software verification, validation and compliance scenarios. The activities are intended to help organizations to develop testing strategies towards a zero-defect operation. The focus is on preventing defects rather than correcting. Additionally, our services are aimed at achieving predictable time to market arising from rigorous testing standards, quick turnaround times, and low defect output at lower costs.
- Infrastructure Management Services (IMS): 3i Infotech offers end-to-end infrastructure management services customized to meet the unique needs of a wide spectrum of business customers. Our services cover all the aspects of our clients’ IT implementation including data centers, communication networks (LAN/WAN), servers, storages, databases, desktops, messaging infrastructure through a suite of service offerings such as enterprise-wide remote infrastructure management (RIM), end user support (EUS) security, convergence, storage and systems and application management. 3i Infotech also provides advisory services to customers to maximize their infrastructure investments as well as assist in optimization by integrating state-of-the-art technology solutions with best practices such as ITIL.
- Business Intelligence and Enterprise Application Services: 3i Infotech’s business intelligence and data warehousing services offer a broad range of end-to-end solutions in data management and advanced analytics, in addition to a variety of tools for business intelligence and data warehousing. Our solutions combined with the power of business intelligence, data mining, predictive analytics, and data integration provide the information in the desired format so that time is effectively spent on making more accurate, timely business decisions.
- Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) Services: 3i Infotech provides complete end-to-end BPO services for various industries. We have rich expertise in non-voice-based BPO services, having been the registrar and share transfer agent for one of the largest private banks for years. We have a team of qualified and experienced professionals, which follows a meticulously laid out workflow-based process to ensure that we do not leave anything to chance. Our customers have a comprehensive overview of operations with regular reporting and analytics to make informed decisions.
Solution Accelerators. 3i Infotech with its wide range of IT solutions (software products and IT services) and BPO services transforms clients’ operations by enabling them to maximize the value of their technology investment in an efficient manner through its Solution Accelerators. Our solutions deliver an integrated solution designed to accelerate adoption and ensure our customers go to market faster. With a flexible approach, clients can go for a single solution or a combination of one or more to meet their specific needs.
3i infotech Solution Accelerators improve time to market for custom IT projects by up to 30 percent. These accelerators incorporate pre-built functionality and technology in frameworks that serve as the foundation of IT projects, along with proven best-practice methodologies and processes culled from years of technology implementation and software development experience. Together, these Accelerators provide a head start for IT projects, delivering superior results in dramatically less time.
Your Company at a Glance
Revenues – $550 million as on FY10
Employees – 14,000+
- IT infrastructure
- IT applications
- Transaction processing/BPO
Headquarters location – Mumbai, India
Locations of global delivery centers:
- AMERICAS: Los Angeles, CA; Phoenix, AZ; Dallas, TX; Atlanta, GA; Louisville, KY; Rochelle Park, NJ; Edison, NJ, Naperville, IL ; Napa, CA; Des Moines, IA; Charlotte, NC
- WESTERN EUROPE: London, Birmingham, Nantwich, Ashby-de-la-Zouch
- MIDDLE EAST & AFRICA: Dubai
- SOUTH ASIA: Mumbai, Chennai, Bangalore, Kochi, New Delhi
- ASIA PACIFIC: Kuala Lumpur, Chengdu, China
For More Information
ISO 9001:2008 for BPO
ISO/IEC 27001:2005 for Data Center Operations
ISO/IEC 20000-1:2005 for Data Center Management Services
SEI CMMI level 5 (embarked on re-appraisal)
BSA SAM Certification
Awards & Recognition
- Ranked 36 (4th among Indian IT companies) in the Fintech 100 list of Financial Services & Technology providers, published by American Banker, October 2010
- Winner of the Technology Vendor of the year Award at the Middle East Insurance Awards, April 2010
- One of the top three companies in the “Service Provider of the Year” and “Technology Initiative of the Year” categories at the 14th Asia Insurance Industry Award, October 2010
- Winner of the Systems in the City Award for Superior Customer Service for the 4th consecutive year, London, May 2010
- Winner of the Best Takaful Technology Company for the 3rd consecutive year at the Takaful Awards, July 2010
- One of the top three Indian software product companies – Dataquest 2009
- One of the top 12 Indian IT companies (excluding foreign and hardware companies) – Dataquest 2010
- Winner of the WorldBlu “List of Most Democratic Workplaces 2010” Award
Martin Whybrow, Director, IBS Intelligence, UK – “It has been interesting for IBS Intelligence, as the industry’s primary publishing, research and consulting company in the financial services back office and operations space, to watch the evolution of 3i Infotech. We have been following the company since its outset and it has become an important player on the market. It has a broad suite of solutions, with specific strengths in primary lending, wholesale banking, Islamic banking, and wealth management and has a varied, international user base.”
Catherine Stagg-Macey, Senior Analyst, Celent – “3i Infotech has a solid offering for insurers in emerging markets, which is supported by a capable onshore/offshoreservices delivery arm. In mature markets like North America, the established BPO services and growing IT services offerings position them well for the cost-focused coming years in the Insurance sector.”