WNS is a leading global Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) company. Founded as British Airways’ captive back-office in 1996, WNS has today risen to a leadership position with more than 200 global clients, serviced by over 21,000 professionals across 23 global delivery centers worldwide, including Costa Rica, India, the Philippines, Romania, Sri Lanka and United Kingdom. The company delivers over 600 processes across industry and functional domains.
As the second largest BPO company based out of India, WNS “extends the enterprise” of some of the world’s best brands. WNS provides industry-focused and cross-industry solutions in key industry verticals that include Travel, Insurance, Banking and Financial Services, Manufacturing, Retail and Consumer Packaged Goods, Shipping and Logistics, Healthcare and Utilities. WNS delivers an entire spectrum of business process outsourcing such as finance and accounting, customer care, technology solutions, research and analytics and industry-specific back-office and front-office processes. We offer decision-support services through our Research and Analytics capabilities. Our Business Transformation Outsourcing enables the client organization to outperform as a highly efficient, productive and dynamic organization.
We enable clients to outperform with our passion for service and innovation. Clients benefit from our global delivery network and a comprehensive outsourcing services offering. Deep industry knowledge and expertise, a partnership approach, comprehensive service offerings and a proven track record enable us to deliver business value to many of the world’s leading companies. We are passionate about building an organization that is valued by our clients, employees, business partners, investors and the community at large. Our management team comprises accomplished professionals from leading global organizations. Each member brings deep business acumen and outsourcing domain expertise, ensuring a strong growth curve.
Banking and Financial Services – WNS has end-to-end capabilities in the banking and financial processes. We support diverse segments, including banking, asset management and brokerage. To offer a glimpse of our services across the value chain in a year, we process over five million checks, manage over one million customer and broker calls, and process more than three million back-office transactions. Our resources are certified professionals in public accounts, underwriting and SAS programming. WNS offers a proprietary software for lending management called Digital LoanTM.
Insurance Services – WNS offers end-to-end solutions across the entire spectrum of life, property and casualty, and health insurance processes. The quantum of our operations across the value chain is significant. In a year, we process over 20 million claims transactions, handle over one million customer transactions and over two-and-half million calls, and perform over 250,000 life and pensions transactions. Our resources in insurance are trained professionals with AICPCU (IIA) /IF-1 of CII / CPA / CFP and AAPC certifications. WNS offers clients its proprietary auto-claims management software, ProClaimTM.
Travel and Leisure Services – With over 30 clients in airlines, travel agencies and GDS providers, WNS has a deep understanding of the Travel and Leisure industry. Our services across the value chain include over 140 processes, many of which are end to end. WNS manages in a year over eight million customer interactions, 20 million flight coupons, five million passenger requests and cargo operations for 1,900 flights. Our resources are IATA and UFTA certified.
Finance and Accounting – WNS has a comprehensive service offering that supports end-to-end functions in a Chief Finance Officer’s office. In a year, WNS manages over 62 million transactions with a value of over USD 70 billion, delivers transactional to high-end F&A and supports transactions in over 25 major global currencies and multiple ERP applications. We have been consistently delivering over 40 percent annual savings to our clients and taking our relationships further through continuous process improvements and service levels. Our resources are CA / CIMA / CPA qualified. WNS has a global partnership with CIMA.
Research and Analytics – WNS has a rich pool of domain consultants who offer knowledge-intensive services that support executive decision-making. Our 1,500+ analysts with advanced qualifications, such as MBA, Chartered Accountancy and PhD (statistics), and service more than 45 clients in the United States and Europe. Our KPO services are spread across industry verticals such as CPG and Retail, Financial Services, Media and Entertainment, Professional Services and Emerging Verticals. The high-business-impact WNS KPO solutions come with multilingual capabilities.
Contact Center – As part of WNS Customer Care Outsourcing, our contact centers handle 20 million calls, two million e-mails and one million white mail in a year. The calls range from query handling to rules-based response and judgment-based decision-making. The WNS contact center handles scripted and unscripted calls, with an average handling time of eight minutes for unscripted calls. We run 35 different voice processes with 95 percent inbound calls and five percent outbound calls.
Legal Services – WNS offers legal processing outsourcing to clients that include the UK’s leading conveyancing law firms, personal injury litigators and global insurers. We have a resource base of over 400 skilled lawyers, legal graduates, paralegals and case handlers. We manage robust data and inbound/ outbound voice processes. Our service offering includes property law, personal injury claims, law firm back-office operations and corporate legal support services.
Transformation Solutions – WNS Transformation Solutions are geared towards aiding organizations to achieve sustainable business transformation through operational excellence. The three-pronged strategy includes operational transformation by leveraging our global operations with lower-cost operating models, process reengineering, benchmarking and best practices, and domain and technology innovations; sustainable change where we architect a transformation vision and road map that incorporates organizational change and enables the realization of sustainable business results; and actionable insights that leverage the WNS strength in analytics to drive direct business impact. Our service offerings include consulting and program management services, process and quality services and technology services.
Emerging Businesses – WNS has over the years effectively tapped into the emerging business opportunities in sectors such as Shipping and Logistics, Healthcare, Retail and Consumer Packaged Goods, Manufacturing and Utilities. Across the value chain, we process over two million customer transactions and manage payrolls for over 200,000 retail employees annually. WNS clients include several Fortune 500 companies.
The WNS key differentiators “extend the enterprise” of our clients and are geared to help businesses outperform. The following distinctive values power each client relationship that WNS builds:
- Business Transformation: WNS recognizes the need for outsourcing to drive strategic change in an organization and create business value year-on-year. WNS looks beyond delivering operational efficiency, service level agreements and lowering costs and transforms the client’s business.
- Partnership Approach: WNS works seamlessly with clients through complete alignment of interests. We structure financial models that best respond to the stage of the relationship – transition, stabilization, continuous improvement – and our clients’ goals for the relationship.
- Deep Domain Expertise: Outsourcing services impact business performance when they are combined with industry intimacy. Our strong capabilities in each industry vertical we operate in, coupled with our endeavor to constantly upgrade the skills of our employees, ensure we deliver service with a distinctive edge.
- Global Delivery Capability: We offer global delivery capabilities to support our clients’ global enterprises. The WNS Global Delivery Network gives clients access to a scalable and flexible infrastructure with the desired skills, services, cultural alignment and language capabilities at the right price at onshore, nearshore or offshore centers.
WNS at a Glance
- Year founded: 1996
- Revenues: USD 616 million (2011)
- Employees: 21,000+ (2011)
- Service lines: Banking and Financial Services, Travel and Leisure Services, Insurance Services, Finance and Accounting, Research and Analytics, Contact Center, Legal Services, Transformation Solutions, Emerging Businesses
- Headquarters location: Mumbai, India
- Locations of global delivery centers: 23 delivery centers across India, USA, UK, Australia, Costa Rica, the Philippines, Romania, Sri Lanka and UAE
For More Information
Corporate Offices Telephone Nos.:
- Mumbai: +91 22 4095 2100
- New York: +1 212 599 6960
- London: +44 207 440 0800
- Mumbai: + 91 22 2518 8307
- New York: +1 212 599 6962
- London: +44 207 440 0808
E-mail: [email protected]
- ISO 9001:2008 – Bureau Veritas Certification, Moody’s International
- ISO 14000 – Bureau Veritas Certification
- ISO 27001:2005- British Standards Institute
- PCI DSS – Control Case
- SAS70 – Type II Attestation by Ernst & Young
Awards and Recognitions
- Dual Recognition at the BPO Excellence Awards 2010-11
- Best New Outsourced Services Delivery by Shared Services & Outsourcing Network (2010)
- Best New BPO Locator of The Year by Business Process Association of Philippines (2010)
- Industry-specific multi-year winner – IAOP Global Outsourcing 100 (2010)
- Special Award at the NASSCOM Corporate Awards for Excellence in Gender Inclusivity in the Best BPO
Company category (2010)
- Dian Masalanta Award of the Year for being a dynamic new partner of the National Voluntary Blood Services Program by Govt. of the Philippines (2010)
- Best New Outsourced Services Award by SSON (2009)
- Among the Top 3 BPO Companies in India for six consecutive years (NASSCOM)
- Among the Top Ten BPO Companies to Work for in India (Business Today)
- In the Top Five FAO Market Star Performer for the second consecutive year by Everest Group (2010 / 2011)
Quality and Technology Leadership:
- Golden Peacock National Quality Award for Overall Business Excellence and Quality Standards (2011)
- IDG Media CIO 100 Special Category Award in recognition of WNS’s Infosec architecture and implementations (2010)
- NetApp Enterprise Innovation Award (2010)
- Maharashtra State IT Award (2010)
- Best Project Achievement in Green Six Sigma Award at WCBF, USA (2009)
- Golden Peacock Eco-Innovation Award for Green Lean Sigma Program by The World Environment Foundation in association with the Institute of Directors (2009)
- How WNS increased conversion rate by 50 percent for Travelocity’s inbound offline sales:
- Finance and Accounting: End-to-end consolidation of the order-to-cash cycle for a global air delivery and freight services provider: