HP Enterprise Services – Bringing it All Together to Transform and Grow in a Changing World | Service Provider
HP Enterprise Services provides infrastructure technology outsourcing services, applications services, and industry services, including business process outsourcing.
We leverage the breadth of the HP portfolio and our Best Shore® delivery strategy to offer comprehensive IT services to more than 1,000 business and government clients in 90 countries.
With our commitment to innovation, HP is driving the evolution of the enterprise—one in which the organization and technology are intertwined. Powered by HP and technology, the enterprise is less bound by rigid business processes and is better equipped to respond to customers and citizens in real time.
HP collaborates with enterprises to deliver high-value services that seamlessly integrate their business and technology to create a competitive edge and enable their stakeholders to experience instant benefits.
Strategic Enterprise Services – Enterprises today are adjusting to a new normal. Technology is a “must have” instead of a novelty. Everyone wants everything now. So organizations are looking for new ways for technology to impact their business and improve how they deliver to their customers and citizens.
To help create that blueprint for success, our clients are working with HP to focus on six primary areas with the potential for huge impact.
These “Strategic Enterprise Services:”
- Position organizations for changing market conditions and evolving customer needs
- Help them strengthen their ability to innovate, manage information and risk, and become more agile.
—And it’s our business direction to focus on these higher value services that our customers are demanding:
Information Management and Analytics
Applications Services – Applications Services help organizations plan, develop, integrate and manage custom applications, packaged software and industry-specific solutions. Clients can leverage our vast industry and applications expertise to better support their business objectives, improve operational performance and realize a higher rate of return on their applications investments while managing their costs.
To succeed in today’s business environment, our clients need a cohesive, integrated application portfolio that can enable new business processes, products and services to drive market leadership and differentiation. They also need a modern enterprise architecture that can capitalize on new business opportunities by rapidly adapting to change. To achieve the business outcomes they desire, they must transform and modernize their environment with systems that are designed for operations and built for quality.
Our solutions help clients resolve their business issues with the best possible balance of speed, cost, quality and fit to purpose within their industry. We provide comprehensive consulting and full life cycle services with the skills, resources, methodologies and software tools needed to architect, design, build, test, and deploy feature-rich business solutions. We provide quality that is balanced and repeatable, which ensures we deliver applications that are dependable, adaptable business assets.
Business Process Outsourcing Services (BPO) – HP provides end-to-end, industry-specific Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) solutions tuned precisely to meet the needs of large volume, transaction-drive organizations. We combine domain-specific experience with a global, multilingual scale and reach. Our services are delivered on a world-class leveraged and reliable platform capable of meeting exceptional process, security, and regulatory demands.
Infrastructure Services (ITO) – Today’s marketplace demands that infrastructures be efficient, flexible, dependable, and compliant while optimizing IT returns on investment. Our comprehensive services and support help clients reach their goals to lower their IT costs, optimize operations, enhance their overall business performance, reduce security risks, and increase their flexibility to gain a competitive advantage
Industry Services - HP provides end-to-end solutions based on differentiated HP intellectual property to address the core business challenges of clients in key industries.
The solutions in this portfolio are based on the offerings of the three portfolios – Applications, Business Process Outsourcing (BPO), and Infrastructure. Each solution is specific to the industry and is supported by its industry framework road map.
Consumer Industries and Retail
Public Sector Services
HP Enterprise Services provides infrastructure technology outsourcing services and applications and business services, including industry services. We leverage the breadth of the HP portfolio and our Best Shore® delivery strategy to offer comprehensive IT services to more than 1,000 business and government clients in 90 countries.
We empower the Instant-On Enterprise by helping clients address key issues, supported by our compelling differentiators:
The HP Brand
- This is a corporate halo of trust and reliability that establishes our Enterprise Services leadership.
- HP has a strong brand, ranking #10 on Interbrand’s Top 100 Global Brand List for 2010.
- This reputation was earned through decades of experience, technology leadership, and industry expertise we’ve accumulated as we’ve helped clients solve their toughest challenges.
- We work collaboratively as partners with our clients, focusing on operational excellence—utilizing our strengths and theirs to create solutions that are just right for their enterprise.
- It’s about our relationship experience and how we work with our clients—not just “what” we deliver,” but “how” we work with our clients that truly matters. Listening, collaborating . . . being an ally… clients want to work with HP.
- HP collaborates with enterprises to deliver high-value services that seamlessly integrate their business and technology to create a competitive edge and enable their stakeholders to experience instant benefits.
- We constantly focus on how we’re delivering for our clients through our web-enabled Service Excellence Dashboard which allows our executive team to have real-time visibility and monitoring of delivering for 700 of our top clients.
Ability to Manage Complexity
- We serve 1,000 clients in 90 countries.
- We have 60 global facilities for Enterprise Application Hosting with 20 certified Centers of Expertise.
- 50,000+ application experts serving 700 clients worldwide
- HP supports more than 2.7 million named Enterprise Applications users in more than 50 countries and 9 languages.
- For the US Navy Marine Corps, HP manages the world’s largest and most secure defense network environment in the world.
- We thrive on pioneering experiences our clients never imagined and that help them solve problems.
Technical & Industry Expertise
- With our commitment to innovation, HP is driving the evolution of the Instant-On Enterprise—one in which the organization and technology are intertwined. Powered by HP and technology, the Instant-On Enterprise is less bound by rigid business processes and is better equipped to respond to customers and citizens in real time.
- This is our strong alignment and integration of our clients’ business and technology; vast expertise that creates industry best practices.
- We are also the only IT services provider that invests across the IT spectrum, from consumers to enterprises. We’ve built our own enterprise on understanding what consumers want and need from technology, and combine that insight with more than four decades of experience in enterprise IT services, a foundation we gain from the very company that invented technology services.
- A billion people around the world use HP technology every day.
- Last year, HP shipped about 52.6 million printers and 64.3 million PCs.
- We have deep intellectual property experience in everything from devices to the data center.
- We deliver solutions built on open systems and lead the world in the adoption of open standards.
- We build our solutions to be modular, giving clients the ability to start small and add to their solution as their needs evolve.
- Over the past five years, HP has spent over $31B in M&A to extend our portfolio – acquisitions include EDS, 3COM, ProCurve, 3Par, Mercury, ArcSight, Vistorm, Autonomy – the market and our clients give us credit for these acquisitions as key investments in our portfolio and our talent.
- HP Labs developed award-winning “Central Nervous System for the Earth” sensor technology which Shell now uses to record seismic data.
- In transportation, HP is building proprietary technology with the next generation passenger reservation system called Agilaire. This will revolutionize customer service in the airline industry.
- In healthcare, we have our Medicaid Fraud and Abuse Detection System, which is currently deployed in 21 states across the US, and processes nearly 1 billion U.S. Medicaid claims annually, and we administer more than $11.2 billion in Medicare benefits annually—more than any other company.
- In financial services we have SOA and the Agile Card Framework. We help clients originate close to 1 million loans annually; Card processing services process over 3.5 billion transactions annually.
- 90 of the world’s top 100 retailers are HP clients.
- We’re recognized as a leader in Global IT Infrastructure Outsourcing by Forrester and Gartner.
Hewlett-Packard at a Glance
A Technology Company Unlike Any Other – HP products and services are used by millions of people every day.
Founded in 1939, HP is the world’s largest IT company, with revenue totaling $127 billion for fiscal 2011. No other company offers as complete a technology product portfolio as HP – spanning printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure. From handheld devices to some of the world’s most powerful supercomputer installations, this comprehensive portfolio helps us match the right infrastructure and business offerings to our customers’ specific needs.
Today, although our corporate headquarters are still located in Palo Alto, California, we have more than 340,000 employees doing business in 170 countries on six continents managing over 200 data centers, 380,000 servers, 5.4 million desktops, and 17 million IP addresses. At HP we are creating new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society around the world.
For More Information
ITO Certifications and Accreditation
- SEI CMMI
- Six Sigma
HP Global Delivery Applications Certifications include:
- ISO 20000
- ISO 27001
- ISO 9001
- SAP Global Partner – Provider of Cloud Services
- SAP Global Partner – Technology
- SAP Global Partner – Services
- SAP Global Partner – Hosting
- SAP Global Partner – Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) for HR
- SAP Global Alliance Partner – Support
- SAP Software Partner
- SAP Global Run SAP Partner for Solution Operations
- SAP Regional Run SAP Partner for Solution Implementation
SAP’s First Global logo partner certified on SAP methodologies; several global & regional agreements
HP is the first company to be certified by SAP AG to provide solution implementation and solution operations for clients using the Run SAP® methodology.
- Oracle’s First Global Oracle logo partner, with several National Logo Partnerships
- HP – Certified OCP, Siebel , Oracle E-Business – Technical & Functional consultants
- Resources certified on Siebel 8.x in Siebel CCC, CISCO IPCC, Analytics, Oracle PL-SQL and ITIL,
- Certified Advantage Partner
- Certified for JDE World and EnterpriseOne
- Largest Microsoft Gold Certified Partner
- Worldwide Prime Integrator for Microsoft products and technologies
- 11,000+ Microsoft Certified Professional
Awards and Recognitions
HP Applications Services:
- #3 Worldwide Application Management Services, IDC 2011
- Leader – Forrester WaveTM North America Applications Outsourcing, 2010
- Leader – Forrester WaveTM EMEA Applications Outsourcing, 2010
- Leader – Anastasia, EMEA Application Outsourcing, 2010
- Leader – Common Sense Advisory’s rankings for the language services industry, 2010
- Leader – Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for SAP Outsourcing, North America, 2009
- Leader – Forrester’s SAP Implementation Providers Wave, 2009
- Coauthor of ITIL versions 1.0, 2.0, & 3.0
HP Global Delivery Applications has been a leader in certifications:
- First SEI CMMI Level 5 certified company in China
- First SEI CMMI Level 3 certified company in Central America (Costa Rica)
- First SEI CMMI Level 3 certified company in Egypt
- First ISO 20000 certified company in Philippines
- First BS15000 certified company in the world (India)
- First PCMM Level 3 certified company in China
- “Leader” Global IT Outsourcing Forrester Wave (2009)
- Globally #2 in Data Center Services (#1 in Data Center Outsourcing in the United States in 2010, according to IDC)
- “Leader” in IT Consolidation Consultancies for Forrester Wave, Q4 2010
- 2010- Award presented by the Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers organization in the Low Carbon Environment category for Design/Technical Innovation to Norman, Disney & Young, the designers of the HP Wynyard Data Center
- HP winner of the Green Enterprise IT Award from the Uptime Institute (may 2010)
- “Leader” in Gartner Magic Quadrant for Data Center Outsourcing and Infrastructure Utility Services in North America (2011)
- “Leader” in Data Center Outsourcing in Western Europe by Gartner’s Magic Quadrant, (2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004)
- “Leader’ in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Data Center Outsourcing and Infrastructure Utility Services in Europe, (2011, 2010)
- “Leader” in 2010 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Communications Outsourcing & Professional Services, Worldwide
- “Leader” in 2010 Gartner North America Magic Quadrant for Communications Outsourcing & Professional Services North America.
- “Leader” in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Network Intrusion Prevention Systems, 2010
- #1 in Market Presence among Managed Security Service Providers by Forrester (2010)
- Rated a “Strong Performer” in the Forrester Wave for Managed Security Services, 2010
- “Leader” in Disaster Recovery Service Providers by Forrester (2010, 2008, 2006)
- HP rated in 2009 as a “Tier 1” service provider of Identity & Access Management Services by Gartner
- “Leader” in Gartner North American Desktop Outsourcing Magic Quadrant (2009, 2011)
- “Leader” in Gartner Western Europe Desktop Outsourcing Magic Quadrant (2010)
- “Leader” in Gartner North American Help Desk Outsourcing Magic Quadrant (2009, 2011)
- “Leader” in Gartner Western Europe Help Desk Outsourcing Magic Quadrant (2010)
- “Leader” in Gartner Europe Help Desk Outsourcing Magic Quadrant (2011)
- “Leader” in Gartner Europe Desktop Outsourcing Magic Quadrant (2011)
- “Leader” in Gartner Magic Quadrant for Managed Print Services Worldwide (2009, 2010)
- “Leader” in IDC MarketScape analysis for Worldwide Managed Print Services (2010)