Infosys (NASDAQ: INFY) was started in 1981 by seven young, dynamic minds with $250. We pioneered the Global Delivery Model (GDM), based on the principle of taking work to locations where talent is available and that make economic sense with the least acceptable risk. Today, we are a global leader in consulting, technology, and outsourcing, with revenue of $7.2 billion (FY12). Some of the most successful organizations rely on Infosys to deliver measurable business value. Infosys provides business consulting, technology, engineering, and outsourcing services in over 32 countries to help clients “build tomorrow’s enterprise.”
Overview of Business
Infosys has a global footprint, with 68 sales offices and 70 development centers in countries and regions spanning the United States, India, China, Australia, Japan, the Middle East, United Kingdom, Germany, France, Switzerland, Netherlands, Poland, and Canada. Infosys and its subsidiaries have more than 150,000 employees as of June 30, 2012. Infosys takes pride in building strategic long-term client relationships. More than 97 percent of its revenue comes from existing customers (FY12). Infosys is part of the NASDAQ-100 Index and The Global Dow. The company gives back to the community through the Infosys Foundation, which funds learning and education. For more information, visit www.infosys.com.
Infosys’ services in the vertical domains are:
1) Energy, Utilities, Communications, and Services (ECS)
- Media and entertainment
2) Financial Services and Insurance (FSI)
- Retail banking
- Payments and cash management
- Private banking
- Corporate banking
- Capital Markets
· Asset management
· Investment banking
· Custodian services
· Diversified Financials
· Benefits administration
· Trust services
· Travel-related services
· Specialty finance
· Leasing finance
· Life and annuities
· Property and casualty
· Specialty lines
- Aerospace and defense
4) Retail, CPG, Logistics and Life Sciences (RCL)
- RCL consulting and systems Integration (CSI)
- Consumer genome
- Digital marketing
Infosys’ expertise in the horizontal domain are: business application services, business IT services, business process outsourcing (BPO), management consulting services, engineering services, cloud, mobility, and sustainability.
Business application services: Infosys supports packaged business applications, including Oracle, SAP, TIBCO and Amdocs; in enterprise functions like supply chain management, customer relationship management, business process management, information management services, knowledge services, and learning services. Specific service offerings include:
- Package evaluation, implementation, and upgrade — helps customers decide the best package, achieve robust implementations, and accelerate upgrade projects
- Global rollouts — a template-based approach, leveraging experience in multi-country rollouts, optimizes rollout duration
- Integration and middleware — includes enterprise services from conceptualization to deployment
- Systems integration (SI) — includes program management, technology consulting, solution architecture and management, implementation and training support, service-level management, hosting, and managed services
- Architecture services — includes enterprise architecture (EA) services, service-oriented architecture (SOA) services, solution architecture offerings, and technology competency center offerings
- Support and maintenance services —reduces total cost of ownership (TCO) and offers flexibility and scalability
Business IT services: Infosys’ business IT services offer — application services, infrastructure services, and independent validation and testing services.
- Application services include:
· Application development and maintenance — defining, designing, and building applications and providing offshore-ability analysis, maintainability analysis, and enhancement
· Application management and modernization — providing support services for various platforms and technologies and modernization of legacy systems
· Application portfolio management — helping decide a portfolio strategy and assessing and governing the portfolio on an on-going basis
· Enterprise application integration (EAI) — enabling seamless operation of business processes, facilitating real-time information sharing
· Packaged application services — offering off-the-shelf application packages and innovative and configurable package-centric solutions
· Performance engineering and enhancement — enhancing performance and scalability of applications across technology stack and application life cycle
· SOA realization — helping design, develop, test, and deploy services to realize SOA
· Solution architecture assessment — offering complete architectural analysis and assessment of IT application, focusing on quality of service (QoS) parameters
·Solution architecture definition — defining the solution architecture required to implement business solutions, aligned with the enterprise architecture
Infrastructure management services include datacenter optimization services (consulting, planning, and implementation support), end-user computing services (managing IT infrastructure complexity), infrastructure operations optimization services, infrastructure refresh services, and managed infrastructure services.
Independent validation and testing services include:
- Functional testing services: well structured, and easily adaptable, introduced early in the software development lifecycle, deploying the latest in testing techniques and tools
- Infrastructure testing services: an integrated offering that enables organizations to test and validate infrastructure components
- Insurance validation and testing: customized for the Insurance industry; frameworks recognized as an industry best practice by Celent, a research and advisory firm
- Mergers and acquisitions testing and validation services: IT integration in merger, acquisition, and divestiture scenarios
- Usability and accessibility testing and validation services: enhances usability and accessibility of Web site, intranet, or mobile application content
- Data warehouse testing and validation services: uses a comprehensive, easy-to-use tool designed to test high-volume, data-centric data warehousing/business intelligence applications
- Regression testing services: provides maximum test coverage with minimum number of test cases leading to minimal cost of appraisal and risk
- Functional Test Case Generator: a risk-driven, model-based testing solution reducing test planning effort and time and cost
- Test data management services: ensures high degree of test coverage at optimal cost
- Performance testing and validation services: blends performance testing and engineering techniques
- Test automation: defines, builds, and implements enterprise test automation frameworks, migrates test automation tools, and scripts automated test scripts
- Testing Center of Excellence (TCoE): enables to establish strong quality processes
- Test platform in the cloud: a test platform in the cloud that makes use of open source technologies
Management consulting services: Infosys combines business consulting expertise and services with technology implementation. Services include strategic insights (enterprise, product, and customer strategies); process transformation (pioneering points of view, process design, and transformation); organizational transformation (adoption and accountability and learning and shared services); information transformation (business intelligence, enterprise performance management, and IT strategy); and digital transformation (digital marketing, multichannel commerce, and mobility).
- Product and software development, product and commodity management (optimizing costs across the offering life cycle), product co-innovation (consulting and investing along with clients), business platforms (designing, deploying, and maintaining cross-functional processes and systems), and cross-industry shared services.
- Mechanical systems — system design and rendering of aircraft subsystems such as fuselages, wings, and landing gear; passenger cabin seating systems for both aero and automotive OEMS.
- Electronic products and systems — design, development, and full life-cycle management of platforms, firmware, apps, and OSs for devices and products in the data communications, consumer, life science (medical), home security, and media and communications industry segments; specific expertise in automotive telematics (infotainment and vehicle security systems and standards).
- Software engineering — application life-cycle support (from architecture to maintenance and sustaining engineering) for all supported industry sectors including ISVs and OEMs like MS in areas such as Bing, content management, systems center, Office 365, and Windows CE.
- Engineering solutions – implementation, systems integration and solution development of product life-cycle management, point of sale and manufacturing execution system (shop floor) packages.
- Consulting — IP lead engagements in the areas of cost/should cost modeling and process reengineering; value analysis and value engineering (VAVE) practice focusing on engineering, manufacturing, and supply chain levers that will identify alternative approaches that can be implemented to drive down costs across all three areas.
- Business platforms: an innovative service delivery model offering end-to-end services on best-of-breed applications in customer service outsourcing, finance and accounting, human resources (HR) outsourcing, legal process outsourcing, sales and fulfillment, sourcing and procurement outsourcing.
- Customer service: provides support of various applications over email, chat, and telephone.
- Finance and accounting: accounts payable, accounts receivables, collections, master data management, credit management, billing and invoicing, revenue assurance, treasury, trade funds management, fixed assets accounting, reconciliations, journals, general ledger accounting, project accounting, financial project management, internal control and compliance services, financial planning and analysis, external reporting and enterprise performance management and revenue accounting.
- Human Resources: provides sourcing, development and management of talent, and HR helpdesk.
- Legal services: focuses on contract management, e-discovery and managed review services, legal research, and intellectual property.
- Sales and fulfillment: focuses on business metrics such as sales force productivity, working capital efficacy, revenue assurance, and customer satisfaction and operational metrics such as order turnaround time, yield, and accuracy.
- Sourcing and procurement outsourcing: provides transformational benefits across value cycle, with end-to-end integrated procurement solutions.
Cloud: as a cloud ecosystem integrator Infosys helps companies in cloud strategy and planning; cloud enablement for secure private, hybrid, and service provider clouds; cloud brokerage to bring together private and public clouds and enterprise assets; and cloud migration for service on-boarding. Services include:
- Cloud strategy and adoption: assesses “cloud readiness” quotient, draws up a cloud adoption road map, estimates return on investment (ROI), and defines a customized business service catalogue with deployment options.
- Cloud builder: builds a robust and secure private or service provider cloud.
- Cloud services aggregation and migration: cloud-enabled services include installation, customization, management, and closure; can be on-boarded to a public or private cloud with required data migration, application migration, application remediation, and user experience services.
- Cloud services orchestrator: orchestrates and integrates cloud services (public and private) with enterprise assets.
- Cloud applications builder: builds native cloud services involving collaborative and ubiquitous services using Infosys’ SPEED Cloud factory.
- Cloud sustenance: efficiently manages cloud governance and cloud quality of service (QoS).
Mobility: Infosys helps companies accelerate innovation and transform businesses by using mobile implementation. With an entire practice dedicated to mobility, it has delivered successful engagements to some of the largest corporations across industry verticals. Infosys’ service offerings range from mobile consulting, applications development and integration, to quality assurance (QA), besides creating and running companies ‘mobile centers of excellence (COEs).Along with pre-fabricated solutions, IPs and strong strategic alliances, Infosys’ mobility practice is backed by an effective engineering expertise across various mobile OS platforms, firmware, and handsets.
Sustainability: Infosys’ “Sustainable Tomorrow” framework addresses three key dimensions — social contract for transparency and sustainability in business; resource intensity through energy efficiency across the enterprise and lowering CO2 emissions to meet emerging regulations; and green innovation for the sustainability market. Solutions include:
- Infosys Enterprise Carbon, Energy and Resource Management — provides complete visibility to the resource intensity, carbon footprint, and sustainability impact of a client’s business operations.
- Infosys Bill Loading Utility for Enterprises — an end-to-end managed service offering that transforms and streamlines utility bill processing.
- Infosys Data Center Management — an end-to-end solution based on wireless sensor nodes, a middleware and end-user application.
- Infosys Wireless Electric Consumption Reader — allows users to view and control electric consumption of appliances connected to the Infosys smart power strip from anywhere using the computer system or mobile device.
- EBAC Gateway — helps in connecting WSN- and BACNet-based devices to communicate with each other (WSN and BMS technologies have evolved independently and hence cannot communicate with each other).
Infosys delivers business solutions that create operational superiority and strategic differentiation and make clients’ business more competitive. Each solution is delivered with industry benchmark Infosys Predictability. The following factors set Infosys’ services apart:
- Improving the business value of IT through business insights and domain expertise
· Proprietary Business Value Articulation (BVA) framework which identifies crucial competitive levers for all industries
· Business solutions addressing competitive issues and create strategic differentiation and operational superiority
· Leveraging IT and BPO to provide the best solution
· Organized around industry verticals and staffed by people with in-depth industry expertise
- Making the business of IT more efficient
· Advanced use of IT balanced scorecard and corporate performance management
· Knowledge transfer on advanced quality processes if desired
· Creating the best price-performance ratio through global sourcing strategy
- Enhancing sourcing strategy through Infosys’ Modular Global Sourcing model
· Next-generation outsourcing – service provider becomes a transformational partner
· Sourcing strategy aligned to business strategy
· Process, applications, and infrastructure clustered into modules for flexibility
· Maximum leverage of the Model
- Making clients’ business more responsive through deep and broad technical expertise
· Infosys’ R&D center working extensively on best practices in malleable architecture, dynamic processes, pervasive infrastructure, and personal information management
· Best-of-breed technology solutions
· Leveraging clients’ existing technological assets and any technological solution in the future
Business Value Articulation (BVA) : In simple terms, it’s articulation of business value to our clients in their own terms. We have various kinds of services to our clients – development, maintenance, testing, package implementation, etc. At the end of the engagement or at defined milestone we communicate our IT performance in terms of various IT metrics like availability, Scalability, Cycle time, etc. BVA is all about linking IT with business and communicating in the language well understood by business people. The business value could be in financial as well as non-financial metrics. We believe this would improve our alignment with client’s business.
- Complex and mature processes to choreograph geographically distributed project management backed by the most advanced quality processes
· Setting the benchmark for quality processes and methodologies in the IT services space
· ISO / CMM Level 5 / CMMI Level 5 / PCMM/ITIL/BS 7799/BS 15000 compliant
· Conforms to Malcolm Baldrige framework
- Strategic, long-term relationships
· Infosys’ 97 percent of revenue comes from existing clients
· Customer feedback mechanism as well as other touch points
· With the market (Customer Advisory Council, customer meets, analyst interviews, etc.) to spread best practices
- Infosys’ suite of business platforms, Infosys Edge, is built on three robust pillars that make business simple and accelerate innovation:
· Prebuilt, preconfigured, and proven solutions help companies achieve faster time-to-market.
· Delivered in the cloud, Infosys Edge platforms are delivered on an outcome-based pricing model: customers pay only when they see clear business results.
· Best of products and services are combined with a single point of ownership. Infosys provides end-to-end capabilities, taking full responsibility of infrastructure, applications, services, and business operations.
Company at a Glance
- Year founded: 1981
- Revenue: $7.2 billion (as of 1Q’13)
- Employees: 151,000+
- Service lines: management consulting services, business application services, business IT services, engineering services, BPO, cloud, mobility, sustainability
- Headquarters location: Bangalore, India
Locations of global delivery centers:
As of 1Q’13, Infosys has 63 global delivery centers worldwide. Details for each location are:
- India (30) — Bangalore (9), Chennai (4), Pune (4), Mangalore (3), Thiruvananthapuram (2), Bhubaneswar (2), Chandigarh (2) and 1 each in, Gurgaon, Hyderabad, Jaipur, and Mysore
- Toronto, Canada (1)
- United States (11) — Atlanta, Georgia; Bentonville, Arkansas; Boston, Massachusetts; Charlotte, North Carolina; Chicago, Illinois; Fremont, California; Houston and Plano, Texas; Bridgewater, New Jersey; Phoenix, Arizona; and Hartford, Connecticut
- United Kingdom (4) — London (3) and Swindon (1)
- China (4) — Shanghai (2) and Hangzhou (2)
- Australia (3) — Melbourne (2) and Sydney (1)
- Mexico (2)
- 1 each in Brno (Czech Republic), Tokyo (Japan), Reduit (Mauritius), Lodz (Poland), Manila (Philippines), Bangkok (Thailand), Paris (France) and Sao Polo (Brazil)
For More Information
- Telephone: +91 80 2852 0261
- Fax: +91 80 2852 0362
- E-mail: [email protected]
- Web site URL: www.infosys.com
- ISO 9001:2008
- ISO 9001:2008/TL9000
- ISO/IEC 20000-1: 2005
- ISO 20000: 2005
- ISO 14001: 2004
- OHSAS 18001: 2007
- ISO 13485:2003
- CMMi Level 5
- SEI Link
- ISO/IEC 23026:2006
- BS 25999-2:2007
- AS EN9100
- AS EN9100 Rev C Appendix
- ISO/IEC 20000-1:2005
- BS EN ISO 9001:2008
Awards and Recognitions
Voted India’s “Most Admired Company” in The Wall Street Journal Asia 200 every year since 2000
Infosys’ corporate governance practices recognized by The Asset Platinum award and the IR Global Rankings
Recognized as a “Top Performing Global Partner” by Procter & Gamble (P&G)
Won the Oracle North America Titan Award at the Oracle OpenWorld for three years in a row.
Won 2011 “Global Most Admired Knowledge Enterprises” (MAKE) Award — the first and only Indian company to win the award eight times
Ranked no. 1 in all the four categories — Best IR Web site, Best Online Annual Report, Best Financial Disclosure, and Best Corporate Governance Practices at the 2011 IR Global Rankings in India
Recognized in Institutional Investor magazine’s 2011 All-Asia Executive Team Rankings
Wins Platinum Award in The Asset Corporate 2010 Awards
India’s best company for corporate governance: Asiamoney poll
India’s most respected company: Businessworld
The “Most Preferred Company to Work for in India” in Business Today survey
Infosys’ strategic approach to software assets — an industry best practice — Forrester
Positioned as a leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Oracle Applications Service Providers, Europe — Gartner
Cited as a leader in global IT infrastructure outsourcing services — Forrester (Read)
Infosys is Gold Standard in Training; the Infosys Global Education Center highlights why training is a competitive differentiator — Forrester
Infosys BPO positioned in leaders quadrant of the Magic Quadrant for Finance and Accounting BPO — Gartner
Positioned as a leader in the Magic Quadrant for International Retail Core Banking 2012
Infosys brings to market Cloud Ecosystem Hub: designed for control while enabling flexibility — IDC
Infosys “Building Tomorrow’s Enterprise”
Infosys, a recognized leader in the global consulting and IT services space, helps some of the best brands in more than 30 countries derive measurable business value through transformation, optimization, and innovation.