Virtusa Corporation (NASDAQ: VRTU) is a global IT services company that combines innovation, technology leadership and industry solutions to transform the customer experience. Virtusa provides a broad range of IT consulting, systems implementation and application outsourcing services through an optimized global delivery model. Through our industry leading platforming process, Virtusa focuses on delivering business results by modernizing, rationalizing and consolidating the critical applications that support our clients’ core business processes. We employ advanced processes like Agile to ensure the right system is delivered the first time. This approach enables Virtusa to serve industry leaders as they seek to improve their customers’ experience, expand market reach, and improve time to market and lower costs.
Leveraging our deep software engineering capability (owing to our rich heritage in product engineering) and our unique Platforming approach, we have been able create a unique differentiator to offer consulting, IT and technology related services to Global 2000 enterprises across domains.
Application Support and Maintenance (ASM)
Virtusa has been successfully delivering enterprise-wide ASM solutions since 2004 with more than 35% of Virtusa’s work force engaged in application management services. Virtusa provides full life cycle Application Support & Maintenance (ASM), spanning the entire continuum from upfront advisory services through application optimization and innovation.
Value Proposition: We relentlessly focus on driving down costs, improving quality, and accelerating value in every aspect of our services. Rather than just focusing on reducing incidents and SRs, we focus on eliminating the cause and rationalizing the application footprint to significantly reduce ASM costs for the customer.
- Structured and logical approach to the ASM journey
- Mature and effective transition methodologies that ensures zero risk to business during the transition period
- Global delivery model with an optimized mix of onshore, near shore and offshore
- Drives standardization by adopting ITIL best practices and CMMi processes
- Transparency in operations through service reporting dashboards
- Year-on-year continuous improvement initiatives based on Lean and Six Sigma principles
- Enabling application transformation through rationalization, platforming and productization approaches
- Leveraging millennial technologies to deliver innovative and transformational concepts like ‘ASM anywhere’
Virtusa provides innovative application development services that address our clients’ business objectives, reduce total cost of ownership and increase value from IT investments. Our deep domain knowledge, software engineering heritage, robust processes, platforming approach, global delivery model and consultative expertise at optimizing IT environments in globally scalable environments helps us deliver measurable business results and transform our customers’ application development investments into reliable and future-proof applications.
- Global delivery model that balances client (onshore) and offshore delivery teams for seamless and cost effective delivery
- Process and metrics-driven quality that reduces production software defects by up to 30% – increasing the reliability of client applications while reducing the risk of business disruption
- Re-usability. Code re-usability (“build once-deploy multiple times) is a prime driver of our ADM services, helping increase delivery efficiency
- Time-to-market. We adopt ‘Follow-the-sun’ approach, creating a virtual round-the-clock development & maintenance team to increase efficiency and improve productivity, improving time-to-market on application upgrades and enhancements
- Our product/engineering heritage; customer driven methodologies
- Platforming and re-use bias
- Accelerated Solution Design (consulting -led)
- Over 50% of our projects use Agile (vs. ~30% for our competition)
- Industry leading code quality resulting from our engineering rigor and automated testing platforms (ERA Insight and vTAF)
- Unique delivery ecosystem based on our vPoint and Social Platforms
- 97-98% on time project delivery track record
- Co-governance & transparency – we share our internal performance & progress dashboards with our clients
Virtusa’s Consulting Practice is adept at helping clients navigate change and achieve results through technology and people. Our experienced business consultants use proven practices and established processes and methods to achieve measurable results.
Virtusa is a leader in the BPM space with successful execution of over 100 BPM projects for clients across banking & financial services, insurance, healthcare, telecom and media & entertainment verticals. Backed by over a decade of BPM experience, and trusted partnerships with leading BPM vendors, Virtusa’s BPM practice provides a broad range of services to clients with unmatched skills and experience to deliver high-value BPM solutions and accelerate business outcomes.
Virtusa’s dedicated Customer Experience Management (CEM) practice provides end-to-end digital solutions for employee engagement and customer experience management including consulting, rapid prototyping, designing and implementation of ROI driven customer experience solutions across web, mobility and social media channels.
Virtusa’s Enterprise Information Management (EIM) practice addresses data challenges by offering a holistic business-result oriented approach to meet the complete information management needs of enterprises. EIM provides an ecosystem to transform raw data into actionable information thereby facilitating strategic, tactical and operational decision making. Our consulting offerings will help you understand how you can leverage your data and lay out an enterprise roadmap. Additionally, our proven methodology and expertise in EIM tools will help deliver a scalable and cost-effective solution.
Virtusa has a growing Mobility practice specialized for providing solutions around mobility technologies. Our mobility practice focuses on leveraging unique mobile capabilities to build out compelling and differentiated offerings and accelerate our clients’ mobility go to market. Virtusa’s responsive and unique mobility offerings help achieve reduced costs, improved brand value and increased revenue through better customer retention and productivity, new revenue channels and new service offerings.
Virtusa’s Independent Software Quality practice focuses on improving delivery capabilities and enhancing client satisfaction while providing leading edge QA solution development. Our end-to-end testing practice aims at transforming enterprise-wide software quality and delivering value to clients using an improved testing maturity approach. Virtusa’s software testing services focus on validating business solutions, rather than just testing software. Our domain and industry focused testing services coupled with our mature processes and methodologies are widely recognized as industry differentiators.
Virtusa’s cloud based service offerings span the entire software spectrum from assessment, migration, implementation and integration. The end-to-end cloud computing services helps reduce Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) and maximize Returns on Investment (ROI). We use a highly professional approach to establish the business needs, cloud automation, self-service cloud portal and orchestration. This helps in deploying the appropriate cloud computing components.
Virtusa is a SAP partner and with deep industry expertise, we have provided industry specific solutions that are very unique and complex. Virtusa delivers projects in a timely and cost-effective manner because our knowledge allows us to move more efficiently through the design and build phases of SAP initiatives. Our toolbox of common software extensions, proprietary testing tools and industry best-practices reduce implementation timelines and costs. As an SAP partner, Virtusa is also continually engaged in product development with SAP. Our relationship with SAP ensures that your solution will continue to handle future business changes.
We provide the above consulting, IT and technology services primarily to enterprises engaged in the banking and financial services, telecom, insurance, healthcare and media, information & entertainment industries.
Virtusa is working with leading banks and financial services firms to drive innovation, accelerate time to market, improve customer experience and increase productivity. We combine deep industry experience with innovative solutions and accelerated execution capabilities that leverage a global model to help our clients succeed. We have developed core solutions focused on customer experience, mobility, social, enterprise and digital content management, business process management, process engineering and redesign, business intelligence and reporting and compliance across verticals within financial services.
Virtusa is dedicated to helping clients realize business outcomes across insurance functions, including retirement/wealth management, property/casualty, and life insurance. The “Trusted Partner” relationship we establish with our clients defines our engagement model. We leverage our deep domain expertise and technology capabilities to deliver focused outcomes that allow our customers to run businesses that are more successful.
Virtusa provides broad range of capabilities and in-depth expertise in the healthcare domain and focus on helping organizations overcome the three Obstacles to operational excellence (C3O) – Complexity, Compliance and Change- while addressing both the operational and medical elements of (R)isk and (E)xpense. Virtusa’s C3ORE framework based on our rich expertise in the healthcare domain is tailored specifically to help healthcare organizations address the industry megaforces, i.e., efficiency of operations, accountability of care, consumerism, medical innovation and adherence to obligations.
Virtusa has always been at the forefront in providing innovative solutions for technology providers, network and equipment providers, MVNOs and traditional players in the telecom industry. Our offerings include solutions for convergence, improving customer experience, cost and operational excellence for business improvements. Our telecom practice has extensive experience in building and implementing innovative strategies and solutions to improve business processes, transform the way they do business and gain competitive advantage.
Virtusa is uniquely positioned to enable MI&E organizations address the changing imperatives, meet business challenges with a range of innovative services and realize an enhanced return-on-content investment. Our offerings for MI&E industry bring consulting and technology advantage that leverages new media forces such as Web 2.0, Rich Internet Applications (RIA), Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and online user experience. We apply our time-tested global delivery model and Platforming methodology for developing high-value software to MI&E’s unique challenges.
Virtusa’s focus on accelerating business outcomes for our clients is rooted in five core areas. It is important to highlight these five areas to build our case that they, in combination, give us a unique ability to provide business results. Each of the five areas can be substantiated with examples and specific deliverables and capabilities giving each one depth and credibility. In other words, these are not simply claims, they are verifiable capabilities.
Each situation will be unique and require different emphasis of these elements. But all Virtusan’s must be consistent in highlighting one or more of these elements whenever speaking about delivering business results.
- Full service portfolio – Virtusa provides a full spectrum of IT services from business consulting to outsourcing to application development. For our core platforms of BPM, ECM and DW/BI we are an end to end provider that can support both the business and technology requirements to ensure a successful project.
- Optimized global delivery model – Virtusa operates delivery centers throughout the world to achieve best in class cost performance. Our 15/85 ratio ensures that each client has the proper level of onsite management as well as robust delivery capabilities in the most cost effective project structure possible.
- A rich heritage in software product engineering – Virtusa started as a company providing R&D and engineering services to ISVs. This heritage gives Virtusa a unique engineering approach to building large, robust systems. Taking leading principles from other disciplines such as lean, iterative methods, component engineering and Six Sigma, Virtusa’s approach mirrors best in class engineering practices. For example, Virtusa’s unique Platforming approach is derived from the component approach to automobile manufacturing.
- Quality code – Virtusa focuses on the quality of the code delivered as a critical component of our work. We have even created a tool to measure defects, quality and code re-use to monitor and audit our engineering principles. ERA is unique in the industry as a project audit tool that ensures the highest quality.
- Advanced methods – Large IT projects have dismally high failure rates. One of the greatest contributing factors is the methodology employed to develop these systems. Virtusa is a leader in the use of advanced development methodologies such as Agile to reduce project risk. Our ASD workshop is recognized as an innovative approach to delivering business results extremely rapidly.
Virtusa at a Glance
Year founded: 1996
Revenues: $333.2 Million
Employees: Over 7500 world-class professionals
- Business Process Management
- Enterprise Content Management
- Enterprise Information Management
- Independent Software Quality
- Cloud Offerings
- SAP Offerings
- Consulting Services
- Enterprise IT Services
- Product Development Services
Headquarters location: Westborough, Massachusetts, USA
Locations of global delivery centers:
- Offices – Throughout US, Europe and Asia
- Technology Centers – US, UK, Hungary, India and Sri Lanka
For More Information
- Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI V1.3) Level 5 rating
- Business Continuity BCMS: BS 25999-2
- Environmental Management System: ISO 14001
- Information Security ISMS: ISO 27001
- Health & Safety: OHSAS 18001
- Occupational Health and Safety: OSHAS 18001
Awards and Recognitions
- Recognized in Global Services 100 as a leading service provider in the global IT and business process outsourcing industry (2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008)
- Listed among Best 10 Leaders for the Entertainment and Media Industry, IAOP 2010 Global Outsourcing 100 (2010)
- Recognized as a leading Global R&D Service Provider by Zinnov Management Consulting (2012, 2011)
- Recognized in FinTech 100 as a top technology vendor serving the Financial Industry (2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007)
- Ranked in Deloitte Technology Fast 500™ as one of the fastest growing companies in North America (2010, 2009, 2007)
- Recipient of Silver Stevie® Award in the Human Resources Department of the Year category in the 10th Annual American
Business Awards (2012)
- Listed amongst Forbes’ List of 100 Best Small Companies in America (2012, 2011)
- Certified as one of Britain’s Top Employers by The Corporate Research Foundation (CRF) Institute (2013, 2012, 2011)
- Recipient of the Manufacturing Project of the Year Award by Project Management Institute (PMI), Atlanta chapter (2011)
- Ranked as one of the best employers in India by Dataquest-IDC Best IT Employers Survey (2012, 2011, 2010, 2009)
- “Virtusa has already demonstrated strong expertise in iOS, Android, cross-platform tools such as Verivo Software and mobility testing, with more than 40 mobility products.”
Forrester Report: ‘Market Overview: Mobility Services’ – February 27, 2012 – by Liz Herbert, Forrester Research, Inc.
- “As customers shift toward more online and mobile services, Virtusa’s could be on the brink of another boom.”
Rick Saia, The Worcester Business Journal, “Meet Our Business Leaders of the Year”
- Reducing cost of quality for a healthcare insurance provider: Building a multi-year software quality assurance program
- Virtusa Implements 24×7 Support System For Call Center Operations Of A Leading Bank
- Virtusa’s Application Support and Maintenance (ASM) Offerings
- Virtusa’s Banking and Financial Services Offerings
Company slogan: Accelerating Business Outcomes
Main marketing message
Virtusa Corporation (NASDAQ: VRTU), a global business consulting and IT outsourcing company that combines innovation, technology leadership and industry solutions to transform the customer experience.