Chicago and Bangalore – November 11, 2014: Infosys, a leader in consulting, technology, outsourcing and next generation services, announced today that it has successfully implemented its Finacle™ core banking solution for Discover Financial Services (NYSE: DFS), a leading U.S. direct bank and payment services company.
The new Finacle platform provides Discover with real-time processing and customer servicing for the company’s deposits portfolio, and is expected to be extended to support Discover’s installment lending products as well. The Finacle solution helps companies enhance operational efficiency, bring new products to market, integrate and automate compliance functionality, reduce costs and deliver a superior banking experience to its customers.
- Finacle has helped Discover replace its legacy, mainframe-based core banking platform with a new, service-oriented architecture that incorporates real-time, straight through processing
- Discover has migrated the Deposits business to this new core banking platform and plans to migrate the Personal Loans and Student Loans businesses to the new platform
- Many processes that formerly required multiple hand-offs are now automated and can be resolved in real-time, improving customer service and efficiency
- The Finacle solution supports the bank’s broader efforts to provide a unified and real-time 360 degree view of the customer portfolio and transactions across businesses and channels. This will enable the bank to better serve customers with contextual and personalized services and offers
- Discover anticipates operational efficiencies from the implementation, such as a decrease in average call time for customer support
- Using an extensive product factory comprising global best practices and reusable components, Discover can configure and evolve products to keep pace with consumer demands, and market and regulatory requirements
- With built-in compliance functionality that is maintained through application parameters, the bank will be able to reduce the time and effort needed to react to evolving regulatory requirements. The solution also improves the reporting process for the deposits and installment lending businesses
Carlos Minetti, President of Consumer Banking at Discover Financial Services
“Discover’s adoption of the Finacle solution is part of our continuous commitment to improve our customer experience. As our direct banking business grows, the Finacle platform will help us scale and optimize internal processes so that they keep pace with evolving consumer demands and market trends.”
Michael Reh, Senior Vice President and Global Head of Finacle at Infosys:
“Discover is leveraging Finacle to support business growth, enhance customer service and integrate and automate Federal and State compliance requirements. This successful implementation shows financial institutions in the US, burdened with inflexible legacy IT infrastructure, can deploy Infosys Finacle to help them achieve technology modernization to transform their business and power profitable growth.”
Discover Financial Services (NYSE: DFS) is a direct banking and payment services company with one of the most recognized brands in U.S. financial services. Since its inception in 1986, the company has become one of the largest card issuers in the United States. The company issues the Discover card, America’s cash rewards pioneer, and offers home loans, private student loans, personal loans, home equity loans, checking and savings accounts, certificates of deposit and money market accounts through its direct banking business. It operates the Discover Network, with millions of merchant and cash access locations; PULSE, one of the nation’s leading ATM/debit networks; and Diners Club International, a global payments network with acceptance in more than 185 countries and territories. For more information, visit www.discover.com/company.
Infosys is a global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing solutions. We enable clients, in more than 50 countries, to stay a step ahead of emerging business trends and outperform the competition. We help them transform and thrive in a changing world by co-creating breakthrough solutions that combine strategic insights and execution excellence.
Visit www.infosys.com to see how Infosys (NYSE: INFY), with US$8.25 billion in annual revenues and 165,000+ employees, is Building Tomorrow’s Enterprise® today.
Certain statements in this release concerning our future growth prospects are forward-looking statements regarding our future business expectations intended to qualify for the ‘safe harbor’ under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, which involve a number of risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those in such forward-looking statements. The risks and uncertainties relating to these statements include, but are not limited to, risks and uncertainties regarding fluctuations in earnings, fluctuations in foreign exchange rates, our ability to manage growth, intense competition in IT services including those factors which may affect our cost advantage, wage increases in India, our ability to attract and retain highly skilled professionals, time and cost overruns on fixed-price, fixed-time frame contracts, client concentration, restrictions on immigration, industry segment concentration, our ability to manage our international operations, reduced demand for technology in our key focus areas, disruptions in telecommunication networks or system failures, our ability to successfully complete and integrate potential acquisitions, liability for damages on our service contracts, the success of the companies in which Infosys has made strategic investments, withdrawal or expiration of governmental fiscal incentives, political instability and regional conflicts, legal restrictions on raising capital or acquiring companies outside India, and unauthorized use of our intellectual property and general economic conditions affecting our industry. Additional risks that could affect our future operating results are more fully described in our United States Securities and Exchange Commission filings including our Annual Report on Form 20-F for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2014 and on Form 6-K for the quarter ended September 30, 2014. These filings are available at www.sec.gov. Infosys may, from time to time, make additional written and oral forward-looking statements, including statements contained in the company’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission and our reports to shareholders. In addition, please note that the date of this press release is mentioned at the beginning of the release, and any forward-looking statements contained herein are based on assumptions that we believe to be reasonable as of this date. The company does not undertake to update any forward-looking statements that may be made from time to time by or on behalf of the company unless it is required by law.